Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) points calculator
Some error has occured.
Information Source Click Here
SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA – Subclass 189
This visa is for invited workers and New Zealand citizens with the skills we need, to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) Points-tested stream This visa lets invited workers with skills we need to live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
- You don’t need a sponsor or nominator
- You must be invited to apply
- You must be under 45 to be invited Stay Permanently Cost From AUD4,045 Processing Time 75% of applications: 7 months 90% of applications: 8 months With this visa, you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen Newly arrived residents may have to wait before they can access certain Australian Government payments and benefits.
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of the visa grant. You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa. For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day:
- we grant the visa if you are in Australia
- you enter Australia on this visa if you are outside Australia Include family You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements. If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, tell us the reason why (for example, they already hold Australian citizenship or are permanent residents).