191 Visa Permanent Residence Skilled Regional
191 visa was introduced for those people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area across Australia. This designated visa allows the visa holders who are under 491 and 494 visa subclass to become a permanent resident of Australia. This visa will come to effect from 16th November 2022.
With 191 visa you are eligible for following
- stay permanently
- work and study anywhere in Australia
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanently residence
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
In order to obtain this 191 visa you must match the following criteria
- hold an eligible visa
- have lived for at least 3 years in a designated regional area
- have had a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years while holding your eligible visa
- both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held
191 Visa Duration
191 visa allows you to live in Australia permanently but this visa has a travel component which expires in 5 years after your visa is granted. you can apply for resident return visa if you wish to travel after this dates.
Include Family in 191 visa
When applying, you can include family members who hold an eligible visa. You’ll need to add each one in your application when submitting and they cannot be added after.
You can include family members who no longer meet the standard definition of member of the family unit provided they hold an eligible visa that was granted on the basis that they were a member of your family unit. This provision would apply, for example, if you want to include a child in your application who has turned 23 years of age since they were granted an eligible visa.
Family members included in the application must meet the health and character requirements.
New born children
If you have a child who was born in Australia since you were granted your current visa you must tell immigration about your child before you lodge this application. If immigration have not linked your child’s current visa to their passport you will be unable to lodge their application online.
191 visa cost
191 visa cost has not been released yet it will be released before the commencement date for this visa.
- There will be a base charge for the main applicant.
- There will also be a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This is called the second instalment charge. You must only pay it when we ask you to. We only ask for the charge if we are granting the visa.
The second instalment charge amount will be announced closer to the commencement date for the visa.
191 visa processing times
Immigration assess the application on case by case basis where processing time can be different as per the individual case and circumstances.
- whether you have submitted a complete application, including all supporting documents
- the time taken for you to respond to requests for more information
- the time it takes to perform required checks on supporting information provided
- the time it takes to receive more information from external agencies, particularly about health, character, and national security requirements
- how many places are available in the migration program
Information Source: Click here